Hello and Welcome Friends, Peekers, & Visitors,
If you are a writer, author, and blogger like me, and looking for some places to get more traffic and exposure for what ever it is your promoting, then I have a few tips on some websites you may find interesting to go try for Free!
I do use these sites for many different reasons. To start, I moved my writers blog here to WordPress because they are a fantastic blog hosting site, and I set up and designed my blog to be simple and easy to read, all by myself for FREE. Their instructional video and written follow along instructions are the best for even not so competent computer users like me to figure out to easily make a blog. I’m more about “Content” on my blog than the “Looks” of my blog.
So as I come across many helpful sites that can make my writing or blogging easy and save me time with gained exposure, then I enjoy passing it on to help others.
So if your thinking about a new hosting place for your blog, check out WordPress while your here.
My next 2 tips are to help you get more traffic to what ever you do. If it’s a blog, website, for any purpose, and love “Social Media,” then you really need to check out http://about.me.com
Here is what About.me does for you, as I use and added my Page as my “Author Bio” on my blog. They have a link tool to add your about.me page into your Blog or Website!:
It’s All About You!:
Having an about.me page will make it easier for people to find and learn about you.
Build Your Presence!
It’s a great place to start, or improve your presence on the web.
Your public ID online. Visitors don’t have to sign up to see any of your information.
Market Your Business
Drive awareness for your business with a simple, beautiful page.
Helps With Job Search
Give your applications a personal touch by adding your about.me URL.
No need to know code or build your own site. About.me is free and easy to set up.
Central Point Of Contact
Stay organized by putting all your links in one place.
*It’s a fun, fast, and easy to make a page, and you’ll increase your web or blog presence.
Here is my page, http://About.me/AuthorCatherineLyon *
This company is out of San Fran, that offers a free or cost upgrade page for you to create in little time. Their community is different and “Powerful,” and you can follow, your “Page” be followed, or complement other people’s pages, they can compliment yours with share buttons for Twitter and many other sites. You can make collections of friends with different categories. I get shared & complimented a lot on Twitter! So check out how About.me can increase you exposure on the web!
My next site is brand new to me, and it’s also a great way to make a “Social Media Impression” through! You add all your Links on social media, your blogs or websites and they do all the “Mixing and calculating” to make YOU LOOK GOOD!
First, second, even third impressions don’t just happen across conference tables or at cocktail parties anymore. If you use social media regularly, chances are good that your future boss, potential clients, even your next drinking buddy, are getting to know you by going online.
Just what are they getting to know? It’s easy for them to find out you work at Acme Corp. But do they know you just ran a marathon? That you just finished reading the complete works of Dickens? That you make a mean bowl of chili?
Which version of you do they see? Which version matters?
At Vizify, we believe they all matter. Because you are more than the sum of your parts. Vizify helps you transform all those interesting impressions you make online into one definitive, multidimensional, graphical biography, without ever asking you to face a blank screen. It’s the easiest, most advanced tool for showing the best of you online, all in one place.
So I urge you to go check out WordPress.com, About.me.com, and Vizify.com and see if they can help you in any way. They do save me time and increase my web presence all in one!
My next tip is for the “Writer” inside you! One of the reasons I started my Author/Writers blog here was for a few reasons. One is TOO WRITE!…LOl and write I do. I maybe a Published Author with my current book, Addicted To Dimes, (Confessions of a liar and a Cheat)……”Shameless Plug” http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984478485
But I set this blog up also to become a “Better Writer”…..
Of course a “Good Editor” can make us authors & writers look really good on paper, and inside our book covers, but I want to grow and learn as a writer to. So one place I do this is at: http://yeahwrite.me …. They have several “Weekly & Weekend Writing Challenges.
Even though my passion is writing, I need to practice my craft in order to grow as a real writer.
So what better way then to do writing challenges. It is another reason I chose WordPress to as my blog host site. They also offer their own Weekly & Daily writing challenges as well. Here is a little about “Yeah Write Me”….
A writer’s community for writers who blog and bloggers who write!
Become A Yeah Write Subscriber!
Yeah write is:
- the smaller blogger’s long lost tribe, the Okaformee Moonshiners. Mascot: four beautiful people soaking in a bubble bath of gin. Official flower: the iPad.
- when we are on our best behavior, a blog reader’s paradise. There are no commercial or gimmicky sponsored posts snuck onto the grid. The casual surfer can stumble over us, click a thumbnail and start reading what we know will be a pretty decent personal narrative.
- a surprisingly fun way to spend Tuesday through Thursday in good company while other, more dramatic, yet somehow less important, shiz is going down on the Internet.
- experienced writers helping emerging writers helping beginning writers struggle with the decision of writing for a public audience. We do not abandon our beginning writers who speak up and don’t quit.
- an open community where writers and bloggers can submit when they want and not submit when they don’t want. When you finally get bored with our shenanigans and unsubscribe, we heal our broken feelings with a new design element. True story. Typeface, graphic or WordPress template. Sometimes sushi.
Yeah write is not:
- for everybody. And that’s okay. We all have personalities and working styles best taken in small doses, and ours come with a really long list of contradictions. Take our managing editor, especially, with food, hard liquor and big chunks of dark, cynical humor.
- your writing partner. If you don’t have one, find one. Start looking here if you like, search a few writing groups, but beware the hidden agenda. Some people live to discourage the dreams of others. And some don’t know enough about the process, about the art, to be considered your writing equal. You need a writing partner, not an intern.
- a replacement for a writer’s workshop or an instructor-led class. Sometimes, you just need to be in the same room with the person you’re trusting with your hard work.
- your first drafts folder. Bring your best stuff doesn’t always mean bring it right now. It never means bring the best you happen to have on you, cohesive narrative be damned. Bring us your best stuff when you know it’s gonna be the best on the grid.
WHY YEAH WRITE WORKS!
And last but not least….if you are a Blogger, you may want to check out, NetworkedBlogs!
It’s an interesting site that gets “Readers and Bloggers” together. YOU share your great Content to many New People and share News! http://www.NetWorkedBlogs.com
Read your favorite blogs and news all in one place. Share on Facebook, Twitter or direct to friends.
NetworkedBlogsNetworkedBlogs is a user-generated blog directory and syndication tools for publishers. NetworkedBlogs is one of the largest news apps on Facebook.
Ninua News is a fun and social way to get bitsize news while going about your day. A user’s interests are crisscrossed with what’s popular among friends to serve up a personal, social view of the news.
Available on Android, iOS coming soon.
So take some time to go visit their site, as I have BOTH my Recovery and Writers blogs on the site and saw many NEW Readers to both my blogs! When I began to write my first book, one of the best tips I ever got was just “Write What You Know”…..
That is what I do on my Recovery blog. I share “The Rest Of My Recovery Story”there.
I also write about living with Mental illness & Emotional disorders in which I suffer, and I began to open up recently about being a “Sex Abuse Survivor” as well. It happened to me when I was a little girl, but……it added fuel to my addictions because I used addiction to “Escape & Hide” from the “Old Wounds” that came back knocking on my door in my early 40’s. Those pains and hurt contributed to my gambling and alcohol addiction, and why I went down that path. The drinking I got control over quickly, it was the addicted gambling that became my Major Demon. But I’m happy and PROUD that I just *Celebrated* my 7 year Recovery B-day a few days ago on Jan 29th 2014!!! And WRITING & Journaling was one of my Tools to get there! So,…I write what I know. So back to Yeah Write Me….
*So if you enjoy writing and want to grow as a writer, I suggest checking out http://yeahwrite.me and see if they are a good fit for you. They use badges and Inklinkz to post and link your writing challenge submissions, as this to will increase your blog or website traffic as yeahwrite.me encourages all their writers to go and read all entry submissions and “Vote” on the “Weekly” ones. I really enjoy their challenges! So these are my “Tips” for
this week. Off to find some news to share Next Week*!!
Thank You for coming by!
Author Catherine Townsend-Lyon 🙂